Michael Tyre, Founder & Managing Partner, GRM and Senior Source Consulting Group Consultant
At heart, Mike is a self-described brand strategist. As managing partner and founder of GRM, Mike was driven to connect creative work to brand strategy through all aspects of a client’s program. “Over the years the media landscape has changed remarkably. Yet the fundamentals of target insights, relevant content and creative distinction are more important than ever! I work with our clients to ensure that brand and digital programs will succeed in today’s digitally-driven marketplace.”
Senior Source Consulting Group sees social media as an important part of a well-integrated marketing plan. From a senior living standpoint, "I’m very empathetic and a champion for the voices of the 'older generation.' I appreciate partnering with Senior Source Consulting Group to help senior living clients formulate a social media plan that can pull all of the pieces of their sales, marketing and operations together."
A partial listing of Mike's wide ranging experience and accomplishments in marketing:
* Named by HSMAI as Top 25 Enlightened Minds in Sales & Marketing for 2008
* Strategist for 4 national EFFIEs, including 2005 for World Golf Village (top national real estate campaign)
* Brand planning work targeting seniors for Best Western was featured by Business Week magazine
* Led work that has been awarded Addys, CLIOs and Intl. Film & TV
* Extensive brand development work in the hotel and real estate categories, including Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
* Established account planning group (creative strategy and research discipline)
* Speaker on marketing and brand strategy
* Extensive experience leading focus group workshops
* GRM’s story was featured in a book on premier ad agencies, Excellence In Advertising.
Mike has had leading roles in advertising agencies, including C.O.O. and director of planning for Cole Henderson Drake, a 40-person creativity-renowned advertising agency. He also spent some time on the client side, establishing the advertising and sales promotion program for ValuJet Airlines (now AirTran). He is the founder and managing partner of GRM. He has also held several account management positions with leading southeast agencies and has earned national honors, including several EFFIEs, for work with category-leading companies like The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, Coca-Cola, Ralston-Purina, Amoco, Southern Company and others.
Mike is a member of the Small Business CEO Group with the Atlanta Chamber of Commerce. He serves as strategic planning chair on the board of YouthSpark and will be joining the board of Bloom.
Mike is married with three sons. He plays tennis (well) and plays at golf. A doorholder at Passion City Church, Mike graduated from Georgia State University and is a zealot for Apple, Georgia Tech, the Atlanta Braves and a nice Cabernet.